Saturday, July 4, 2009

Attack of the Hair Powder

The way I figure it, Bumble and Bumble owe me $160.  That's how much I paid for the silk top I was wearing when I first used the product.  

Let me set the scene for you.... I was running late for work and my hair was super-greasy. I figured I would just spray some on my hair, give it a quick brush and then be on my merry way. Not. To. Be.  

FYI Bumble and Bumble - what comes out of this bottle is not exactly a 'powder' now is it?  It's almost like a wet hair dye which dries into a sort of crust that you brush through your hair, isn't it?  And there's nothing on the bottle that warns you that instead of a fine, innocuous powder, what actually comes out is a pink silk top's worst nightmare.

Needless to say, I was very late for work and inexplicably covered in brown freckle-like spots. Except they were everywhere.  Not just my nose.  The silk top?  Sadly it never made it home from the dry cleaners.

Despite the absolute destruction caused by this product, it actually does work as a dry shampoo and colour refresher.  Just make sure you drape your walls in plastic before using.

Buy from Bumble and Bumble for US$35.

No comments:

Post a Comment